Friday, February 19, 2010

Yesterday (Wednesday night) was the alien theme party at the unibar. At first I was laughing at whoever came up with the theme as to dress up as aliens.. but after a while it was actually a lot of fun. We all went into town yesterday to try and find aluminum foil and outfits to wear. But the fun all started when we waited for the shuttle for almost two hours, which never came, and then started walking down the gigantic, long hill to get into town. Luckily, our Australian friend Sam drove by and we hitched a ride with him. It was not the best start to the day but that's okay!

So i'm finding it easier to walk into second hand stores now. Like a Goodwill back home, but they are called different names here. I've been having to buy pots and dishes from them because I didn't want to waste money on them by going to big stores and getting brand new things and leaving them in Australia. But I don't get AS grossed out when I walk into them as I used to. It's still really dirty though. We ended up buying some neon green face paint and aluminum foil. Nothing to exciting but didn't want to waste the money on an alien outfit we'd wear once.

I think almost everyday i've been in Lismore, we have ended up at the mall.

The unibar was really fun. Everyone just looked ridiculous in their costumes, and kind of let loose for the night. It was fun meeting new people and just having a good time for once. I haven't felt that stressed out lately which I love. I kind of just go with the flow of things here. That's all you really can do when they have such a laid back style.

It was funny because Brooke and I wanted to leave and we didn't want to walk up the TORTURIOUS hill back up to Orion. So we paid $11 just for a cab ride up it. How lazy are we :)

No comments:

Post a Comment