Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I've been in Australia for two weeks now, and i'm just about getting used to the culture and just being here. This week we had orientation, which was extremely boring except for when I won a goody bag at the trivia game, and also the HEAPS of free food. I'm excited because we are planning our first getaway to Surfer's Paradise next week for fun and also celebrating Kirstin's 21st birthday! It's a higher class area of Australia and has amazing beaches. I hear it's got great night life! I can't wait to get out and travel Australia! Then a couple weeks after that Eddy and Duane are coming to start an adventure in Sydney! This should be a great next month!

I'm also really missing the food and pop back home. Here, pop is not cheap. I have yet to see Dr. Pepper. How depressing for me. And we also made spaghetti last night, it did not taste good at all. The sauce was not anything like back home. It will take sometime getting used to the food changes. Everything just tastes...fishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment